We finished our dinner and hauled into the Suburban with Rudy and drove down the street. It was about a block and a half from my house where the chaos was. We stopped and asked this guy what had happened, He kinda was hesitant but he finally got out "It was another plane crash" I was struck dumb. "What? are you serious" was what was pulsing through my mind. So we went and parked in the church parking lot and headed to where the scene was. This is what we found.



There were 4 different Fire Trucks there as well as Police Vehicle. I was somewhat stunned, but quickly came to the relization that this is what I would see if I wanted to be a cop. So I calmed myself down "They know what there doing." We got there just as they brought the Pilot out on a stretcher. from acrossed the street we could see he was badly burned and he was trembling. The news sad, yesterday, is in critical yet stable condition with 2nd and 3rd degree burns to his hand, arms and face. He apparently tried to make a landing but the fog was really thick and he came in at an angle. Hitting the powerlines and landing at the trees. They still havent said the cause of the crash, but I belieive he missed judged. He was too close to the airstrip.
After that we went to grandmas to watch the news and get warm. We decided we'd sleep at our house anyway. We got home and the power came back on about 11 pm.
The next day I went for a walk to take some pictures of the airplane and the damage, here is what I saw.




I realized after seeing this that life can change in a blink of an eye. I hope that the pilot recovers, which I believe he will. Someone was watching over him and still is. I pray for those families that houses got ruined.
Oh my heart! That's absolutely crazy! That's not something you see everyday...but perhaps that's a good thing.
ReplyDeleteI hope for the best for the pilot too.
Crazy. I can't get over it!