Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Waiting For Puppies


The miracle of life is such a beautiful thing. In any creature from humans to dogs. the fact that this can happen is so amazing and those who can do it should be proud of the gift that was given to them. Well, I dont want to preach about humans, but dogs actually. My little Dottie is Pregnant, everyone should know that, lol, i talk about it all the time. Well, just so you can understand this a little better I will give you some facts about dog pregnancy. A dog is pregnant up to 63 days, little dogs, which dottie is, is about a week earlier. Thought humans and dogs are 2 different species, they both can wait, eat a lot more than they usually do, and become fatigued quite easily. when you think that you dog is getting closer to birth your supposed to take their temperature at noon until it dropps. A normal temp for a dog is between 101-102 once there temperature drops below 100 the puppies will be born within the next 24 hours.
Well, yesterday, my little dottie was being odd and kept walking around, or she would just pass out on the ground (not really she would just sleep). So I got this feeling that i need to check her temperature so i did. it was at 99.2! I couldnt believe this! I was so excited i couldnt stand myself. Well, i double checked and had to call my mom to let her know this exciting news!! So from there on every 5 hours or so i checked it, it went up to 99.5 and thats where it has stayed from yesterday at about 3:00 til now.
I was hoping that they would be here by now but i am giving her time and just waiting for her to be ready! So now i am just sitting here waiting for puppies.

1 comment: