Monday, November 22, 2010

Ride Along




This last Saturday, I got to go on a ridealong with Officer Hawkworth. I had so much fun! It was so awesome! We did a little of everything, i do say myself. First we did some traffic stops. He let me be in charge of the Radar Gun and I caught my first speeder! He was going 40mph in a 25mph zone! We issued some fix it tickets and expired regisitrations. We almost got ran off the road and we pulled that guy over too. We talked about all kinds of things and went and met some of the other cops at the cash station. He told me about why he wanted to be a cop and some of the things he does to deal with the emotion part of being a police officer. All in all he said it was awesome. Some of the pictures I have uploaded are ones that i took at the accident we went too. No one was extremely injured but it was quite an adrenline rush running red lights, speeding, and having lights an siren. I defiently want to do that again. I felt like I belonged in that police car. I picked up on some of the lingo and codes they use over radio...I think someone is trying to tell me something....

1 comment: