Monday, June 28, 2010

That was Quite a Day

So, it has been a few weeks since my last update, so I wanted to let you know whats going on.
It was last Tuesday, the 22nd, that my Dad booked tickets for Kaitlyn and I to fly home. Excited as I was to fly, I was still very down because I had to leave Utah. It was disappointing to me because I wanted to stay and go to Girls Camp with my mom and hang out with Ariel, Sarah, Grandma, and the girls more than I did. But of course other things came up making the 22nd the best possible time to go home.
So with that fact known I began to pack, and pack, and pack. I had a lot of stuff. I rolled them up like I was told so more could fit in my little suitcase, I was surprised of how much fit. But then again there was a lot more that was going to have to be sent to me. So I finished and hung out with my mom and the puppies. I put my finishing touchs on my suitcase the next day, and said my goodbyes. I was proud of myself because I didnt cry until the moment I walked out the door after saying goodbye to Brent. I had a quick moment of crying until I got myself some Subway. Because you know, you cant cry when you are stuffing your face. Haha. My mom and I had a good talk on our way to the Airport but the closer and closer we got the more my stomach tightened from saddness. At about Bountiful, I cried again, this was even a moment. It was another way to unwind myself from being so tense about the whole situation. We finally pulled up to the airport and found a good place to park. My mom helped me with my suitcases and I could here the planes landing and taking off. It was cool of course and it made me a lot more excited!
SALT LAKE AIRPORT
We walked into the Airport and recieved our alreay purchased tickets. Then we headed to security. I was very nervous about this part. They wouldnt let my mom come through with me. So when I was almost to the desk, I looked back to see her standing up against the wall. I teared up again, it was hard to watch her watch me. We got our stuff going through security and made our way up to the escalaters that would take us up to the gate we needed to be. I turned around again, and can I just say that was probably one of the hardest things I ever had to do. I just started to cry, I couldnt help it. I watched her disappear I was I went up.
We waited not long until we boarded our first plane. It was exciting. I could tell that it was a new plane because it had TVs in the back of every seat, and the chairs were big and squishy. We got loaded and everything figured out, when next thing I know they are shutting all the carry on cases and doing the flight instructions. Our flight was only to be 55 minutes, and I was very excited. When the plane started its take off it was amazing!! It was probably one of the greatest experiences ever! That was soon turned down sense I got a head ache. Next thing I knew...We we landing...
DENVER AIRPORT
Denver is a huge airport! thats all I have to say. it didnt take long though to find were we were supposed to be. We headed to our next terminal on the subway. It was awesome!! Then we ate some dinner and headed for our next gate. Denver was certainly very big, but the directions were easy to find. We found our gate and began to wait. Sadly our flight got delayed for about 40 minutes due to a storm. So we just sat and relaxed until we boarded our next airline. This one was older, especially from the one that we just come on. it had technacolored seats and they were hard. But soon enough we were taking off. This flight was only to be about 1 hr and 2 minutes. That was such a lie, haha. Not their fault though this one was mother natures..
LIGHTNING STORM OVER OMAHA NEBRASKA
I hadnt paid any attention to what was going on outside my window. I was watching the office like everybody else when suddenly on came our pilot. He said "Some of you may have noticed that we are flying in circles, this is a holding pattern due to a thunderstorm over the airstrip" while he was telling us what was going on I looked out the window and saw for my self. It was beautiful. In my opinon they are cooler in the air than on the ground. We flew like that for 20 minutes and then made our 25 minute decend onto the wet airfield.
It was 12:00 Omaha time when we landed and I was sick of being on this plane. I felt sick and was just ready to go to sleep and crash. That just what we did after we got our luggage.
So this is what i have discovered though flying wasnt that pleasant, I would rather do that then fly... hahaha

1 comment:

  1. Savannah Dearest? I love reading your blog. You make me laugh outloud! I can relate to you in so many of those experiences that you had - It brought back many memories.

    I'm glad you got to come spend some time out this way! I love you!

    ReplyDelete