CHAPTER TWO: I awoke the next morning to the sun shining in through my window. i roleed over and stretched my arms over my head. I let my head lie in the coolness of my pillow and took a deep breath. "Another Day," I said aloud to myself. I sighed and lay still for a little while and slowly breathed in and out. I turned over again and pushed the covers off. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I turned and looked out my window to the ocean. I become lost in thought. It was my mothers voice that brought me back. "Sophia?" She asked. I made no sound and continued to stare out into the blue. "Sophie?" This time she cracked open my door and peered inside. "Sophia, its almost noon. What are you still doing in bed?" I ignored her and just stared out the window. She entered my room and went straight for my dirty clothes that were strewn acrossed my desk and piled up high. She sighed and started picking at them. I heard the rustleing of clothes stop and turned to find her staring at me. "What?" I asked, suddenly feeling a little selfconsious. She tucked her hair behind her one of her ears and smiled. "We should go shopping" I must have looked surprised because she continued, "well all your clothes are worn and a little too small" She walked back acrossed the room to the doorway and turned back to me. "Wont Daddy be mad?" I asked nervously. "It will be fine. Now get ready so we can go" she left at that. Surprised I got up and into the shower. I quickly washed my hair and shaved my legs. I shut the shower off and wrapped a towel around my naked body. I stepped out and glanced at myself in the mirror. The sight that I saw made me take a double take. I stopped and examined myself. With my light skin I always seem pale. I touched my nose and mouth with my fingers, they seemed to be more defined as well as my cheek bones. It was as if I grew up over night. I rinsed off my face and continued into my room. I picked out a light blue blouse with white capris. I through it on and blow dryed my hair. I put on my makeup but took a little more time with this then anything else. I grabbed my purse and headed out the door and down the stairs.
I walked into the kitchen where Barry sat in his work uniform. "Good Morning" he said without looking up from his paper. My mom must be upstairs getting ready so I make myself some toast. "Where's Alice?" I chime in. "She is at her friends" he responds. "oh" I answer.
TO BE CONTINUED
No comments:
Post a Comment